Sunday, October 20, 2013


STUDIES IN ROMANS

LESSON 51

PURPOSE OF ISRAEL’S FALL


Romans 11:11-15 (KJV)


11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Romans 11:11-15 (CEB)


11 So I’m asking you: They haven’t stumbled so that they’ve fallen permanently, have they? Absolutely not! But salvation has come to the Gentiles by their failure, in order to make Israel jealous. 12 But if their failure brings riches to the world, and their defeat brings riches to the Gentiles, how much more will come from the completion of their number! 13 I’m speaking to you Gentiles. Considering that I’m an apostle to the Gentiles, I publicize my own ministry 14 in the hope that somehow I might make my own people jealous and save some of them. 15 If their rejection has brought about a close relationship between God and the world, how can their acceptance mean anything less than life from the dead?

1.    SALVATION FOR THE GENTILES V.11


2.    PROVOCATION TO JEALOUSY V.11B


3.    RICHES V. 12


Ø  Riches to the world (opportunity for relationship with God)


Ø  Riches to the Gentiles – adoption into God’s family


Ø  Even better if Israel comes back to God


4.    APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES V. 13


Ø  Even though Paul claims he is apostle to the Gentiles, he still wants Israel saved


5.    SAVE SOME V. 14


Ø  His purpose (and God’s) is to provoke Israel (some at least) to salvation


6.    POSSIBILITIES V. 15                        LIMITLESS!


WE ARE RICH (IN GRACE) BECAUSE OF ISRAEL’S LOSS, BUT IF ISRAEL COMES TO GOD, ALL WILL BE RICHER BY FAR.


BLOG:  http://biblebiscuits.blogspot.com

PODCAST: http://www.lifetimeinchristministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment