Sunday, April 6, 2014

ANNOUNCING: "BUNI TALES: ADVENTURES OF SOFT PAWS" has been published!  Click to access web page:

http://outskirtspress.com/bunitales


STUDIES IN ROMANS
LESSON 75

PAUL’S MINISTRY TO THE GENTILES PART 2

Romans 15:17-21 (KJV)

17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Romans 15:17-21 (CEB)

17 So in Christ Jesus I brag about things that have to do with God. 18 I don’t dare speak about anything except what Christ has done through me to bring about the obedience of the Gentiles. He did it by what I’ve said and what I’ve done, 19 by the power of signs and wonders, and by the power of God’s Spirit. So I’ve completed the circuit of preaching Christ’s gospel from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum. 20 In this way, I have a goal to preach the gospel where they haven’t heard of Christ yet, so that I won’t be building on someone else’s foundation.21 Instead, as it’s written, Those who hadn’t been told about him will see, and those who hadn’t heard will understand.[a]

Footnotes:

Isa 52:15 - (CEB) 15 But he will astonish[a] many nations. Kings will be silenced because of him, because they will see what they haven’t seen before; what they haven’t heard before, they will ponder.
1.    I MAY GLORY (BRAG-TAKE DELIGHT IN) V. 17
2.    ONLY OF WHAT CHRIST HAS DONE THROUGH ME V. 18
3.    THROUGH MIGHTY SIGNS AND WONDERS V. 19
4.    PREACHED WHERE GOSPEL NOT HEARD V. 20
5.    PROPHESIED IN ISAIAH V. 21

PAUL’S (AND OUR) SUCCESS IS THROUGH CHRIST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT – ONLY.

BLOG:  http://biblebiscuits.blogspot.com


PODCAST: http://www.lifetimeinchristministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment