Sunday, May 4, 2014

STUDIES IN ROMANS
LESSON 78

RECOGNITION & REMBRANCES

Romans 16:1-6 (KJV)

16 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also. Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ. Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us.

Romans 16:1-6 (CEB)

16 I’m introducing our sister Phoebe to you, who is a servant[a] of the church in Cenchreae. Welcome her in the Lord in a way that is worthy of God’s people, and give her whatever she needs from you, because she herself has been a sponsor of many people, myself included. Say hello to Prisca and Aquila, my coworkers in Christ Jesus, who risked their own necks for my life. I’m not the only one who thanks God for them, but all the churches of the Gentiles do the same. Also say hello to the church that meets in their house. Say hello to Epaenetus, my dear friend, who was the first convert[b] in Asia for Christ.Say hello to Mary, who has worked very hard for you.

1.    PHEBE V. 1-2

Ø  Servant of the church, receive her and assist her, she has been a succourer

2.    PRISCILLA AND AQUILA V. 3

Ø  Paul’s helpers, risked their own lives for Paul; church in their house

3.    EPAENETUS V. 5b

Ø  Firstfruits of Achaia

4.    MARY V. 6 – bestowed much labor on us

LABORING FOR THE LORD AND HIS MINISTERS DOES NOT GO UNRECOGNIZED

WEBSITE: http://outskirtspress.com/bunitales

BLOG:  http://biblebiscuits.blogspot.com


PODCAST: http://www.lifetimeinchristministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment